Instructions for Booking, Collecting and Returning Toys
Anyone can browse toys without being a member by looking at categories in the menu bar or by using the search bar to look for specific items.
To book toys to take home you must be registered as a member and logged in. Bookings need to be paid for at the time of reservation. Toys can be booked for a minimum of two weeks, currently we have no maximum loan period.
To book a toy
- Log in to your account
- Browse toys then select an item
- Click green 'borrow/reserve' button then green 'choose date' button
- Select a date for pickup from the current month view on the calendar; use the arrows to change month
- The default is two weeks hire with a 10am pickup time. Click the date or time in your booking to select a different date and a collection time. Opening times are between 10am and 4.30pm on Tuesdays
- Click green 'add to basket' button when you have chosen time and dates. NOTE: it is not possible to edit the times or dates after an item has been put in the basket. You will need to remove item and rebook it
- Browse for another toy to add to basket. The times and dates will be the same as first item. Click on date or time button to change if required. Click green 'add to basket' button
- Pay for booked toys using 'Add money' button in your basket. Online payments are via credit/debit cards only. You will receive a booking confirmation email with all the booking details.
Toys will be available for collection at the time/date you selected.
You can extend your loan online providing the toy hasn’t been booked by another member. If toys are overdue when returned, a late fee (additional weeks hire) will have to be paid for in your account before you can make another booking.
Collecting and returning toys
- Toys for collection will be placed on top of the table in the Scrapstore entrance in a see-through bag unless the toy is large or boxed. Toys will be labelled with your name and ready from the time you have booked.
- Please clean toys thoroughly before returning, check toy is complete and any contents lists and packaging are included
- Return in clear bag provided if possible. Let us know if you have mislaid any pieces (you can put a note in with the toy) and return any missing pieces with a note of which toy they are from
- Returns should be placed under the table in the entrance of the Scrapstore. They will be quarantined for at least 72 hours before being checked and cleaned again.
Please be aware of social distancing when collecting or returning toys and do not come down the slope to the front door if there is already someone there. Wait on the pavement or in your car, keeping 2 meters apart from other members, including children. Members cannot enter the premises for any reason.
Staff will be on the premises for any queries or advice but will be socially distanced. You can also phone us during opening hours on 01392 436777, email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us via our website or Facebook page.