Instructions for Booking, Collecting and Returning Toys
Anyone can browse toys without being a member by looking at categories in the menu bar or by using the search bar to look for specific items.
To book toys to take home you must be registered as a member and logged in. Bookings need to be paid for at the time of reservation. Toys can be booked for a minimum of two weeks, currently we have no maximum loan period.
You can book from either toy library, but toys can only be returned to the toy library they were borrowed from.
To book a toy
- Log in to your account
- Browse toys then select an item
- To borrow toys from Merry Go Round on Tuesdays, select a toy with a code starting with M or T
- To borrow toys from Spinning Top, select a toy with a code starting with C
- Please make a separate booking if you want toys from both toy libraries ie all toys from Spinning Top in one booking, all toys from Merry Go Round in another
- Click green 'borrow/reserve' button then green 'choose date' button
- Select a date for pickup from the current month view on the calendar; use the arrows to change month
- Use drop down menu to choose time of collection. The default is two weeks hire with a 10am pickup time. Click the date in your booking to select a different date. Opening times are between 10am and 4.30pm on Tuesdays at Merry Go Round, and between 10am and 1pm at Spinning Top
- Click green 'add to basket' button when you have chosen time and dates. NOTE: it is not possible to edit the times or dates after an item has been put in the basket. You will need to remove item and rebook it. Any problems, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
- Browse for another toy to add to basket. The times and dates will be the same as first item. Click on date or time button to change if required. Click green 'add to basket' button
- Click on green 'reserve' button further down the page or add money first if not enough credit in your account.
- Pay for booked toys using 'Add money' button in your basket. Online payments are via credit/debit cards only. You will receive a booking confirmation email with all the booking details.
Toys will be available for collection at the time/date you selected.
You can extend your loan online providing the toy hasn’t been booked by another member. If toys are overdue when returned, a late fee will be added to your account (additional weeks hire) and will have to be paid for before you can make another booking.
Collecting and returning toys
- Merry Go Round toys for collection will be placed on top of the table in the Scrapstore entrance in a see-through bag unless the toy is large or boxed. Toys will be labelled with your name and ready from the time you have booked.
- Spinning Top Toys for collection will be available from a doorway at the back of the Beacon Centre - go through the gate at the left side of the building and turn right at the bottom of the path.
- Please clean toys thoroughly before returning, check toy is complete and any contents lists and packaging are included
- Return in clear bag provided if possible. Let us know if you have mislaid any pieces (you can put a note in with the toy) and return any missing pieces with a note of which toy they are from
- Returns should be placed under the tables in the doorways. They will be quarantined for at least 72 hours before being checked and cleaned again.
Please be aware of social distancing, if in place, when collecting or returning toys. Members cannot enter the Scrapstore for any reason.
Staff will be on the premises for any queries or advice. You can also phone us at Merry Go Round during opening hours on Tuesdays 01392 436777, email email@example.com or contact us via our website or Facebook page.